Cough, Cold, Flu Got You Feeling Down?
Schedule A MedNow Visit Today!
The flu can knock you down for days and upset your plans. It can affect your nose, throat, lungs, and more. The flu can be contracted easily throughout the fall and winter months, and can come on with no warning at all. If the flu does find you, know you can see a provider 24/7/365 using MedNow.
One of the most important tools in fighting the spread of flu is limiting exposure and doing the following things:
- Get your seasonal flu shot
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Avoid contact with people who have flu-like symptoms
- Get plenty of rest
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet
Overall Flu Symptoms
- Sore throat
- Fever (sometimes): a temperature greater than 100° F or 37.8° C
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Diarrhea (sometimes)
- Vomiting (sometimes)
Tips When Recovering From The Flu
- Stay home while sick and for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- Do not visit the hospital or other medical facilities unless you are seeking medical care.
- It will take anywhere from five to 10 days for the flu virus to run its course.
Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room if you have any of these symptoms:
- Sudden dizziness, numbness or paralysis, difficulty speaking or loss of consciousness
- Chest pain, radiating pain or palpitations with dizziness or shortness of breath, sweating, nausea or vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
- Log Into MyHealth Account
- Select MedNow
- Follow Instructions